Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 6, January 11th

I spent most of today avoiding activity as well. Sometimes you just need to recharge. Sometimes you just need a day of no dirty looks from Icelanders.

Which I didn't get. Some bitch in a restaurant stared at me and then started bitching loudly about foreigners. I can understand a good bit of Icelandic, particularly when it's invective. Sometimes a motherfucker just wants to eat his damned fish and chips and read a book without having to answer for his country's government.

Maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed if I were not from a place where we treat foreigners very well. In the South, even racists are nice to foreigners. Here, we appear to be barely tolerated because we pay for things.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I don't think so. I haven't been an asshole to anyone, and I always apologize for my ignorance. Eh. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment